World Bicycle Relief is mobilizing people through the Power of Bicycles. We envision a world where distance is no longer a barrier to education, healthcare and economic opportunity.
Bikes are a simple solution to complex problems, whether it's improving health or avoiding urban gridlock in the U.S. or trying to reach a healthcare clinic in rural Africa. This Bike Month, PeopleForBikes and World Bicycle Relief are teaming up to change lives through the power of bicycles, locally and globally—and we need your help. Fundraise or make a donation today at: http://unitedforbikes.org
What We do
we provide bikes that help people prosper
We provide specially-designed, locally assembled bicycles to entrepreneurs, healthcare workers and students across rural Africa through sustainable work-to-own and study-to-own programs. We also train field mechanics to ensure access to maintenance and spare parts.
To meet the growing demand for high-quality bicycles in the developing world, World Bicycle Relief's wholly-owned subsidiary, Buffalo Bicycle Ltd. sells bikes directly to non-governmental organizations, corporations and individuals in need of affordable, sustainable transportation.
How we do it
- DESIGN, SOURCE & MANUFACTURE rugged bicycles engineered specifically for rural terrain and load requirements
- ASSEMBLE bicycles locally with proper tools and close attention to quality
- DELIVER bicycles through purchases, work-to-own & study-to-own programs
- ESTABLISH maintenance infrastructure by training local field mechanics
- EVALUATE our work through independent studies
- COMMUNICATE program results to donors and partners